DID YOU KNOW?
719 groups participated in
Iowa's Adopt-A-Highway program in 2019.
Adopt-a-Highway Litter Removal
- Volunteer groups help keep approximately 22.1 percent of the state's roadways litter-free. (2019)
- In 2019, volunteers collected approximately 730 bags of litter, and state workers collected an additional 2,436 bags from the state's highways.
- Iowa DOT employees spent 609 hours disposing of trash picked up by Adopt-A-Highway volunteers and an additional 33,903 hours picking up litter from the roadways. (2019)
- 719 groups participated in Iowa's Adopt-A-Highway program in 2019.
- Learn more: https://iowadot.gov/maintenance/adopt-a-highway-information