DID YOU KNOW?
In 2015, the Iowa DOT's
Motor Vehicle Enforcement officers
conducted 54,421 commercial vehicle
REGISTERED MOTOR VEHICLES
- The total number of vehicles registered in Iowa (autos, buses, trucks, trailers, etc.) equaled 4,341,801 in 2015.
- There were 961,328 trucks and truck-tractors registered in Iowa in 2015. Among the trucks registered in Iowa, 934,638 are motor trucks and 26,690 are truck-tractors.
- There were 990,820 registered multipurpose vehicles. (2015)
- Motorists purchased approximately 55 million gallons of gasoline and 1.077 billion gallons of gasohol in Iowa in 2004.
- In 2015, the Iowa DOT's Motor Vehicle Enforcement officers conducted 54,421 commercial vehicle inspections.
- There are 12 weigh scale facilities in Iowa: 10 on the Interstate Highway System and two on the Primary Road System. Four of the interstate scales have PrePass technology. View scale locations.