- Bid numbers: Bid numbers will be printed for all bidders. Please bring a driver’s license with you to the sale. The information from your driver’s license will be scanned into the system, and a bid number will be printed for you to use at this auction. For those without a driver’s license, the information will be entered manually.
- At this time, automobiles, vans and pickups will be sold outside the auction building. Large trucks and equipment will be sold in the adjacent lot.
- Ames banks may have limited service on Saturday.
- Coffee, sandwiches and cold drinks will be available for purchase at the sale site.
- Handicap parking is available.
- For your protection, please observe the restricted area signs.
- State law prohibits smoking on State of Iowa property.
- For your safety, no one will be allowed in the display lot after the sale begins.
People requiring accommodations because of a disability should contact auction staff wearing green vests.
Terms of Sale
- All buyers must be 18 years or older.
- Iowa use tax will not be collected for licensed vehicles. A seven percent sales tax will be collected on all other items. Dealers must provide their tax exemption number in order to be exempt from the sales tax.
- Payment must be made the day of the sale by cash, cashier's check or certified check. Personal or company checks will be accepted if accompanied by satisfactory identification. Items may be removed from the sale area after full payment is made, and must be accompanied by a receipt of payment. We reserve the right to request certified funds.
- For small items purchased at the auctions, payment must be made in full the day of the sale.
- Successful bidders for vehicles and large equipment must make a $200 deposit for each item that is not paid for in full on the day of the sale.
- Final settlement and removal of items purchased can be made the day of the sale. If not, the buyer has five working days to return and pay the balance owed. Items cannot be removed prior to full payment.
- In-transit paper license plates, good for 48 hours, will be furnished by the Iowa DOT.
- Deposits will be forfeited if balance is not satisfied within four working days.