Travel in the area is beginning to be impacted by construction activities on the Systems Interchange. Activities will continue to progress and impact travel times.
During reconstruction of the I-80/I-380 Systems Interchange ongoing construction activities will continue to impact drivers throughout the system. Drivers should anticipate the following changes in travel:
- Lane Shifts: New traffic patterns along I-80, I-380 and U.S. 218 are in place. Lane shifts have been added throughout the system and will be in place for approximately 3 months. Drivers should be aware that in some areas, the shoulders have been eliminated due to the lane shifts and/or the addition of a temporary construction barrier rail has been added to help protect the public from construction activities and protect workers from traffic.
- Nightly Lane Closures: Nightly, single lane closures are in effect along I-80, I-380, and U.S. 218.
- Overnight Road/Ramp Closures: Nightly ramp and road closures are in effect. At times there are multiple closures occurring at the same time on the interchange.
For traveler information, real time construction and roadway condition alerts, the public can access Iowa’s 511 system through web and mobile applications. Please visit www.511ia.org. In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
Commuter At-a-Glance Traffic Impact Forecast
NEW! 380 Express Bus has an updated Schedule
Your feedback was heard, and the schedule for the 380 Express bus has been updated. The updated schedules can be found here:
- Plan ahead. Adjust travel times if possible to avoid traffic.
- Consider using the 380 Express Bus. Iowa DOT has coordinated an express bus transit service, car/van pooling amenities, and business outreach efforts to help promote and encourage adjusted travel behaviors. Explore 380 Express
Follow the 380 Express Facebook page
- Iowa Ride Share: Iowa's Statewide Ride matching System will help you quickly and securely find viable commute options including carpool partners, vanpool routes, transit routes, cycling buddies, and more. Once you're registered, you can log your commute route and find your personalized commute options by using your origin and destination addresses to match with nearby commuters with similar schedules. Login any time to change your route or find other options in your area.
Explore Iowa Rideshare
- Consider ride sharing with neighbors and/or coworkers, or telecommuting.
- Sign up for real time travel alerts at www.511ia.org