Spencer driver's license station permanently closed
The Iowa Department of Transportation’s driver’s license station at 1900 Grand Ave Suite B4 in Spencer is permanently closed.
Customers have a number of options to access driver’s license services following the closure:
- Driver's license and ID card services available at the Clay County Administration Building at 300 W 4th St. Ste. 4 Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Beginning March 1, Iowa DOT staff will be available at the Clay County Administration Building at 300 W 4th St. Ste. 4 Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Services offered will include:
- Driver’s licensing and identification transaction services
- Drive testing by appointment only
- Online services
The Iowa DOT online services are available 24/7 at www.iowadot.gov. Services offered online include:
- Renew your driver’s license or identification card
- Change a mailing address
- Review your driving record
- Purchase a certified copy of your driving record
- Register to vote
- Order specialty license plates
- Pay civil penalties
- Other driver’s license issuance sites
Driver’s license and ID customers are not required to seek services in the county in which they live and may go to any issuance location in the state, whether at another county treasurer’s office of DOT location. For details including hours of operation, go to http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/locations.html