To use a DOT kiosk you must:
- Have a valid Iowa license or ID (not a commercial driver’s license).
- Be at least 18 years old, but younger than 70.
- Be an Iowa resident and a United States citizen (as shown by the Iowa DOT's existing records).
- Not need to make changes to your name, date of birth, sex, class type, endorsements, or restrictions
- Not have a current license marked “Valid Without Photo.
Additional requirements for driver’s license renewals:
- Do not have pending requests for re-examination on file.
- Do not have restrictions G, J, T, Q, or R listed on the back of your current license.
- Are not required to submit a medical or vision report at the time of renewal.
If you want to add a REAL ID or veteran's designation at the time of renewal, you will need to appear in person. However, if your license already has a REAL ID or veteran's designation, you may renew it at a kiosk and keep that designation.