Legal Operation of Snowmobiles


All snowmobiles must be registered with the county recorder in the owner’s county of residence. Trail passes are required for non-resident snowmobilers in Iowa, and may be purchased electronically at any location where hunting and fishing licenses are sold. Snowmobiles must display a current DNR registration decal or nonresident user permit decal.