As of 10/1/2019
Traffic impacts and potential delays
For up to date traffic alerts and notifications, follow 511ia.org. Traffic impacts and potential delays due to construction may be experienced in the following areas:
- Overnight closures are anticipated throughout the fall construction season. Nighttime shoulder strengthening and widening work is occurring in preparation for future traffic shifts and future staging
- New traffic patterns along I-80, I-380 and U.S. 218 are in place. Lane shifts have been added throughout the system and will be in place for approximately three months. Drivers should be aware that in some areas, the shoulders have been eliminated due to the lane shifts and/or the addition of a temporary construction barrier rail has been added to help protect the public from construction activities and protect workers from traffic.
- Nightly single lane closures are in effect along I-80, I-380, and U.S. 218.
- Traffic shifts to temporary shoulder pavement during construction on two ramps: Eastbound I-80 to southbound U.S. 218 and westbound I-80 to northbound I-380.
- Kansas Avenue Relocation – Kansas Avenue southwest has been relocated to south of the previous location to make room for two new ramps on the I-80/I-380 Systems Interchange. While the road is no longer closed to the traveling public, roadwork continues and drivers are reminded to stay alert and be cautious while driving through the construction zone.
It is anticipated that overnight closures will occur throughout the project. Detours will be posted and notices on 511ia.org. Please follow 511ia.org for the most current construction information and notifications.
380 EXPRESS BUS SERVICE
380 Express Bus between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City is available for travelers in the area. Buses run regularly Monday through Friday, with a limited Saturday schedule offered through Dec. 28. Buses are ADA compliant and feature free Wi-Fi. For rate and schedule details, visit 380express.com