BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE
To leverage multidisciplinary expertise to advise the Iowa DOT on matters related to safety and use of bicycle and pedestrian travel as modes of transportation and recreation, thus improving mobility and quality of life for Iowans.
- Open discussion and respect for a variety of interests and opinions.
- Commitment to regular participation and other assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborative decision-making that provides the best end result for Iowa’s transportation system.
Responsibilities may include but are not
- Provide education and advice to the Iowa DOT.
- Make recommendations regarding policies and procedures.
- Serve as the Complete Streets Advisory Committee.
- Assist in updating design guidance.
- Provide educational opportunities to stakeholders.
- Inform measures for monitoring success.
- Review and comment on various materials.
- Support the implementation of Iowa’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Long Range Plan.
- Recommend changes to the plan, as necessary, to achieve its purposes.
- Prepare periodic reports.
- Meet on a biannual basis.
- Meeting will be held at the Iowa DOT, Ames Central Complex.
- A chair will be elected to serve a two-year term. The Iowa DOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator will serve as the vice chair.
- The Committee membership shall be reviewed on a three-year cycle.
- Agendas will be cooperatively developed by the Advisory Committee and Iowa DOT staff.
- Meeting arrangements will be the responsibility of the Iowa DOT.
- Iowa DOT will provide staff support, as needed.
For more information on the Iowa Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, please contact Milly Ortiz, Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator, at 515-233-7733 or email@example.com.
Advisory Committee meetings