COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE (CDL) RENEWAL
You will need to come into a driver's license issuance location to renew your CDL and provide proof of citizenship (see list below). If you certify to the “nonexcepted interstate” category you must also provide a copy of your Medical Examiner’s Certificate when you renew.
You must bring one of the of the following documents to
prove citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate
- Valid U.S. passport
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Permanent resident card (lawful permanent residents)
Temporary foreign national
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- Unexpired foreign passport with an I-94 document
You can renew your CDL at any one of Iowa's 100 issuance sites. Schedule an appointment or contact your county treasurer.