Iowa DOT traffic camera video recording request
The Iowa DOT operates and maintains traffic cameras on many interstates, U.S. and Iowa highways across the state. To see the location of the Iowa DOT cameras, visit 511ia.org. The cameras are monitored 24 hours, seven days a week at the Iowa DOT's Statewide Traffic Management Center.
- Video is recorded and retained at Iowa DOT for three business days.
- Once you have received notification that your video clip is ready to download, it will be available for 14 days. After that time, it will be deleted from the system.
- Not all Iowa DOT cameras have the ability to record video.
- The camera may not be pointed in the direction you are looking for.
- It is not guaranteed that all cameras are operational or that the quality of the video is acceptable for your needs.
A copy of a recording can be obtained by filling out the form below.