E-Pay Online Payments
Make online payments for IFTA and IRP using E-Pay.
E-Pay gives you the ability to pay using your credit card, debit card, or checking account with a small convenience fee of $1.50. Visa, Mastercard, and Discover are all accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: credit and debit cards typically have a maximum transaction amount per day. To go over that maximum, you must contact your bank or credit card company to request a higher amount for this transaction. They can usually do this right away for you. Remember, the transaction amount should include the $1.50 convenience fee.
A frequently asked questions section will be coming soon!
How to make online payments using E-Pay
Once you have entered your supplement and you receive the message “Please submit using Web Processing Menu and change status to Pending for supp No xx” follow these steps:
- Go into Webprocessing.
- Submit, then enter your fleet number and the supplement number provided on the prior screen.
- We will then process your supplement and send you an invoice.
- Once you receive your invoice, go to WIP.
- Choose your mailing method and click proceed.(If you are picking up in our office, you MUST choose “Pick-Up”)
- View the information and if you would like to change the mailing method click back and make your change.
- Otherwise, you may click proceed, then click the ePayment button to the far right. Not on the payment line where the amount goes. The ePayment process will populate the amount for you.
- A “Make a Payment” screen will pop up. Enter your payment information.
- Once your information is entered, click continue and review your information.
- Make sure your email address is correct on the ePayment screen. This is where your receipt will be sent.
- Click confirm and the system will take care of the rest!
Please note that you will see 1 of 3 messages:
- Your credential(s) printed. This is confirmation that payment completed and credentials printed.
- Credentials did not print. Document shortage. This will show you the VIN and unit number documents (title or HVUT-Form 2290) are still needed for before credentials will print.
- Locked inventory. If you receive this message please contact us at OMCS@iowadot.us, Live Chat at https://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/motorcarriers/ifta-irp-filing, or call us at 515-237-3268.