An SHSP is a statewide-coordinated safety plan that provides a comprehensive framework for reducing highway fatalities and serious injuries on all public roads. The SHSP establishes statewide goals, objectives and key emphasis areas developed in consultation with federal, state, local and private sector safety stakeholders.
Key characteristics of SHSP:
- Includes consultation from a variety of stakeholders during the development process.
- Analyzes and makes effective use of crash data.
- Addresses the 5Es plus management and operations. (The 5Es are engineering, enforcement, education, emergency services and everyone.)
- Considers the safety needs of all public roads.
- Describes a program of projects or strategies to reduce or eliminate safety hazards.
- Is implemented and evaluated.
For more information
SHSP program manager
Email: Ashley Hochberger