Independent assurance program (IAP)
- Double checks to make sure the testers and test equipment are working correctly. This includes contractor, state, county, city, and consultant staff and test equipment.
- IAP is done by district and central laboratory personnel.
- IAP double checks the testing of:
- Hot-mix asphalt mix, pavement, and ride quality.
- Portland cement concrete mix, pavement, and ride quality.
- Binder sampling.
The IAP is a part of the Iowa DOT's Quality Assurance Program for Construction. Iowa DOT's IM 207
and Appendix A
explain the program components and responsibilities.
Another good source for more information is the
FHWA Tech Brief